10 Interesting Facts About the Figure of Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ is one of the most famous religious figures in history. His teachings and miracles have been the subject of countless stories and movies. Whether you believe in him or not, we cannot deny his role in shaping our Christian society and culture since his life and death. And indeed, no other figure has been so revered for such a long time like Jesus Christ. His name will always be associated with peace, humility, sacrifice, forgiveness, love and forgiveness. In this article, we’ll explore ten fascinating facts about this religious icon.
- Jesus Christ is not a name that people generally use today to refer to a person they believe was a deity sent by God to save humanity from sin.
- Jesus was born of a virgin through immaculate conception, meaning he did not have any human father
- Jesus was born as a baby to Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem around 4 BC.
- According to the Bible, Jesus will come back to finish what he started more than 2,000 years ago. He has promised that when this happens, he will be victorious over evil forever and get rid of all sin for good.
- Jesus was born in an area known as Nazareth and learnt carpentry from his father
- He raised three people from the dead, a feat which is never told of anyone else in the Bible
- He was betrayed by one of his disciples for thirty silver pieces.
- He was baptised despite being sinless
- His family tree comprised many evil characters, including Rahab, who was a prostitute and King Solomon, who had 700 hundred wives
- As a baby, Jesus fled to Egypt to escape from King Herod who wanted to kill him.